Free Webinar: Inspiring the Best in Your Students
Join author Jonathan Erwin for a free webinar about gaining a compelling and research-based rationale for integrating social-emotional learning (SEL) into your academic curriculum. Erwin has more than a decade of experience as a middle and high school English teacher and is currently a senior faculty member at the William Glasser Institute. He is also an independent education consultant who has presented workshops around the world on inspiring and motivating students.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 3:00 p.m. ET
In this webinar, Erwin will share specific strategies that educators can immediately use in schools or classrooms and answer these essential questions:
- What is social-emotional learning?
- What is the need for SEL?
- What does the research tell us about SEL, character development, and academic achievement?
- What are some specific strategies for implementing SEL?
- How can we integrate SEL into the academic curriculum so that SEL is not another thing teachers have to do?
You can find forthcoming and archived ASCD webinars at www.ascd.org/webinars.