Join the Whole Child Symposium: Tune In Today at Noon for Live Stream Event
Looking at the theme "Choosing Your Tomorrow Today" from a global and long-term perspective, panelists will address
- How decisions taken today by policymakers will determine what our youth and our societies become.
- What we as a society risk by abdicating the decision-making process or, at worst, not being aware that the wheels are in motion.
- At a fundamental level, what we want our youth, our children, and our societies to become—and what decisions must be made to get us there.
You'll hear from ASCD CEO and Executive Director Dr. Gene R. Carter and a panel of education experts that include
- Charles Haynes, director of the Religious Freedom Education Project at the Newseum;
- Karen Pittman, president and CEO of the Forum for Youth Investment; and
- Yong Zhao, an internationally known scholar, author, and speaker who focuses on the implications of globalization and technology on education.
Andy Hargreaves is unable to participate due to illness. David Osher, American Institutes for Research (AIR) vice president, AIR Institute fellow, and co-director of AIR's Health and Social Development Program will join the panel to round out the discussion.
Learn more about the live event participants.
Learn more at www.ascd.org/wcsymposium.