Your Summer PD: Creating a Caring and Positive School Climate
ASCD conducted its second Whole Child Virtual Conference in May. This free conference showcases schools, authors, and research about implementing a whole child approach for a worldwide audience. View and share archived session recordings, presenter handouts, and related resources at www.ascd.org/wcvirtualconference.
Gain further insight into ways to support a caring and positive school climate through these presentations:
- European expert panel discussion on health and education
- Peter DeWitt on Dignity for All: Safeguarding LGBT Students
- Charles C. Haynes on Bridging Religious and Cultural Divides: Empowering Students from Across the Globe to Learn With, From, and About One Another
- Maurice Elias on School Climate Supporting the Whole Child
- Bob Sullo on Engaging the Whole Child: The Missing Piece in the PD Puzzle
As a part of the 2011 virtual conference, Healthy School Communities mentor site Orange County (N.C.) School District shared how it developed and implemented a critical incident stress management system. View the archived presentation to hear about the process and benefits.
Find additional presentations highlighting successful schools.